Our goal is to promote and raise awareness of apprenticeships across Kent, as a progression route into long term, fulfilled employment.
We carry out a variety of apprenticeship related activities including; long term support for people looking for apprenticeships and guidance for employers looking to take on apprentices.
We work with schools, colleges, training providers and employers to deliver the following support:
- Apprenticeship presentations in schools, colleges and educational establishments
- One to one apprenticeship mentoring with students including CV guidance, tips on what employers want, help making applications, and general advice
- Regular involvement and attendance at careers events
- Apprenticeship levy advice for schools
- Recommendation on what standards or frameworks are suitable for those looking to employ an apprentice
- Sign post to appropriate apprenticeship training providers
- Our website ‘Apprentice Kent’ provides a platform for individuals looking for apprenticeships, employers to advertise their vacancies, and a means of contacting us for bespoke support
- Run mock interview events in partnership with schools, colleges, training providers and employers as part of our ‘Made in Kent’ apprenticeship campaign
- Managing ‘Made in Kent’ apprenticeship fairs across the county
- Sign posting to pre-apprenticeship opportunities for those not yet ready for an apprenticeship