MidKent College offers intermediate, advanced and higher apprenticeships in Kent for those who want to earn while they learn.
Apprenticeships are a great way of learning new skills and improving your knowledge and experience in an industry sector. You’ll spend more of your time experiencing hands-on training in your workplace while generally one day a week you’ll be at College learning the vital theory that you can put into practice straight away.
We offer three levels of apprenticeship in various areas:
- Intermediate level apprenticeship (level 2); equivalent to GCSE
- Advanced level apprenticeship (level 3); equivalent to A level
- Higher level apprenticeship (level 4); equivalent to a certificate of higher education (CertHE).
The core components for intermediate and advanced apprenticeships are:
- A nationally recognised technical and professional skills qualification
- A technical or knowledge based qualification (relevant to the specific apprenticeship)
- Functional Skills or GCSEs, eg English, maths and ICT
- Other professional qualifications or requirements as specified by the particular industry.